Are you a veteran or a surviving spouse of a veteran that requires home care assistance in Arizona? You can get the care that you need by applying for a Veterans Affairs (VA) Pension With Aid & Attendance Benefit that can help in funding your caregiver at home. The amount of the benefits may vary, depending on the following:
- Couples (Veteran & Spouse): $2,265 per month
- Single Veterans: $1911 per month
- Surviving Spouses: $1,228 per month
Estimates say that there are millions of seniors in the US who could qualify for this benefit. However, only half a million are currently receiving. Why?
That’s because not every one of them knows it exists. Hence, we provide you with information about the program and how you can get it.
How Do I Qualify for the Aid & Attendance Benefit?
- Wartime service or widow of a wartime veteran
- Served at least 90 days of actual ACTIVE DUTY and must have served at least one day during a war period
- Honorable discharge
- Must be over age 65
- Need assistance with activities of daily living
- Approximately $130,000 in assets (with the exemption of home, vehicles, and personal property)
- Their income must be: Couple = $3,000; Single Veteran = $2,600; Surviving Spouse = $2,000
Hearts For Dementia Home Care has a dementia program in Scottsdale, Arizona for seniors that need specialized dementia services.
We also provide senior placement services to help find the right care option for your senior.