Dementia symptoms vary from one person to another but they are generally characterized by symptoms such as confusion, disorientation, difficulty in mobility and coordination, and memory loss which can come with various safety risks at home. This is why we consider home safety a great factor when providing in-home care in Arizona.
As a provider of home care assistance in Arizona, we make sure to observe the following precautions for our senior patients:
- Securing potentially dangerous tools, utensils, and machines out of reach
- Taking note of their medication and alcohol use
- Ensuring good lighting and adding nightlights to prevent trips and falls
- Providing a clear walking path free from obstructing furniture and clutter
- Lowering the temperature of the water heater to prevent burns
There are more safety precautions needed when caring for a senior loved one depending on their symptoms and health conditions. This is why we provide customized home care in Scottsdale AZ to ensure that their care plans suit their specific healthcare needs.
Do you need help with caring for your senior loved one? Come and learn more about our dementia program in Scottsdale, Arizona. We at Hearts For Dementia Home Care will provide you with the care that fits your every need.