Participating in productive activities can help patients with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia feel empowered and independent. However, since patients with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia require more support and care with daily life activities, they might not always get the stimulation and engagement they need.
If you’re providing home care assistance in Arizona for a loved one with dementia, structuring their days to include meaningful activity can help them feel more positive and happier about life.
Here are a few suggestions from Hearts For Dementia Home Care:
- Sing along to your loved one’s favorite music. This can evoke happy emotions and memories from the past.
- Help them do simple art projects like painting a picture or making a scrapbook.
- Engage them in easy physical activities, such as chair yoga, tai chi, or a simple stroll outside.
- Watch your loved one’s favorite movies and television series together.
- Help your loved one start and tend to a vegetable, herb, or flower garden.
- Look through old family photos and letters together.
How We Can Help
We understand that caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia can be difficult. Thus, we provide reliable senior placement services to help you and your loved ones find the care and facilities suited for your needs.
Furthermore, we offer an exceptional dementia program in Scottsdale, Arizona, for families who want to keep their loved ones at home where it’s more comfortable.